With stunning views all around and sporting a 150m long infinity swimming pool set on top of the world’s largest public cantilevered platform, the Marina Bay Sands hotel opened up to much fanfare on June 23rd in Singapore.
Designed by Moshe Safdie, this hotel has several features you won’t find in an ordinary hotel.
– 2,560 luxury rooms in three hotel towers, totaling 265,683 square meters (2,860,000 square feet)
-the three hotel towers are connected at the top (200 meters/656 feet) by a 9,941 square meter (107,000 square foot) park that brings together a public observatory, jogging paths, gardens, restaurants, lounges, and an infinity swimming pool
- This 1.2 hectare (3 acre) tropical oasis is longer than the Eiffel Tower is tall and large enough to park four-and-a-half A380 jumbo jets
- It spans from tower to tower and cantilevers 65 meters (213 feet) beyond to form one of the world’s largest public cantilevers
- It is 340 meters (1,115 feet) long from the northern tip to the south end
- The park’s maximum width is 40 meters (131 feet)
- The 1,396 square meter (15,026 square foot) swimming pool is the largest outdoor pool at its height and has a 145 meter (475 foot) vanishing edge
- The entire park can host up to 3,900 people
- Its lush gardens include 250 trees and 650 plants
- the â€œatrium styleâ€ casino features four levels of gaming and entertainment in one space totaling 15,000 square meters (161,500 square feet) with the atrium ceiling holding a 7 ton chandelier with 132,000 Swarovski crystals and 66,000 LEDs